Meet Michael Hans, DataXu’s Director of Northwest Sales, based in the San Francisco office. Mike has been a XuKeeper for almost 5 years and has held 6 different roles during his time at DataXu.
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
I lead the sales team based in San Francisco. We’re responsible for the Northwestern portion of the US up into Canada spanning both advertisers and their agency partners. On a day to day basis I do a combination of new business pitches and existing client relations meetings across the territory both directly and with my team. I also spend a lot of time working with internal folks at DataXu ranging from Marketing to Business Development to Product.
How did you land at DataXu?
I joined DataXu is January 2012 as a co-op (think supercharged internship) while I was still in school at Northeastern University, studying Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Since then I’ve held a number of different roles, mostly in one Sales capacity or another.
Surfing in Santa Cruz, CA
What’s exciting you the most about DataXu’s future?
Over the last few years, DataXu has really invested in technology that lets marketers talk to their current and future customers on a one to one basis across screens and devices. It’s exciting to see the company rapidly expand beyond our desktop roots into a truly cross-channel, cross-screen company. Consumers really want personalized, relevant advertising experiences and DataXu is able to deliver that experience in an open and transparent way.
Jumping out of an airplane at 18,000 feet
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Trust – the whole team at DataXu has always prided itself on being honest, transparent, and open with our clients. In an industry that can’t always say the same, I’m proud to work at a company that has the culture and people to build deep, trusting relationships.
Running (and winning) the Ragnar Grand Teton Ultra
- I say programmatic, you say…. Data driven marketing
- Most exciting aspect of Adtech? Cross-device technology
- What is your spirit animal? Lion
- I say DataXu, you say… Smart
- Favorite industry buzz word? I’m not a fan of any buzzword or acronym, English is preferred 🙂
- How do you relax? Running ultra marathons/taking on really hard physical challenges
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen? Beef jerky
- Fun fact: In 2015 I was a daily YouTube vlogger. My channel is currently private but may be returning soon, hint hint..
- Life advice: Don’t take no for an answer.