Welcome to the first “A Day in the Life of a XuKeeper” of 2016! This week, meet Aileen Diener, Marketing Manager Europe. She’s a 3+ year veteran of the Xu, and is based out of our Cologne office.
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
I’m part of the European Marketing Team and look after Germany, France, Italy, Spain and emerging markets in Europe. I work closely with the local Sales Teams and our Marketing Director on spreading the DataXu story European wide. This includes organising client and industry events, running Digital Marketing and email campaigns as well as working on sales enablement adaption, PR and content.
How did you land at DataXu?
I did a marketing apprentice in my home town and worked afterwards another one and a half years at a printer manufacturer. But I wanted to do something different and challenging so I start looking and finally landed at mexad (later DataXu) as a Client Services manager. After two years in CS, I got the chance to go back to my roots and work again in Marketing.
What excites you the most about DataXu’s future?
The fact that we can go far beyond pure media buying and thus help the marketer to improve their marketing spending. I think we are in a really good position to make our customers life easier through things like Report Builder or OneView.
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Collaboration – I love working with my teammates and colleagues from different departments and countries.
Word Association Time!
- Most exciting aspect of Adtech …
- Change – this industry is so damn fast moving!
- Favorite industry buzz word…
- Automation – this makes life so much easier
- How do you relax?
- I like playing soccer, do it since I’m four, meeting friends or watch a good movie
- Fun fact
- The first question of our former GM asked in my interview with him was “Do you know the song “Come on Eileen”?” After I said I did, he started singing and said to the hiring manager, that we should hire me =)