In our latest Day in the Life of a XuKeeper, meet Elina Sokolovska, client services manager in our London office. Read on to see what Elina’s fierce spirit animal is!
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
I’m the service lead for one of our largest clients in Europe, which includes overseeing their global activity (15+ countries) and reviewing and bulletproofing all operational processes, no easy task – the structure is quite complex and challenging! I’ve also taken a keen interest in Product and in my ‘’free time,’’ manage our anti-fraud programme in the EU, along with learning as much as I can about our Product suite and helping out others with any Product related questions.
How did you land at DataXu?
I studied Business Management at university, and did a couple of internships along the way to test the waters. I landed my first job at a newspaper publishing house, Johnston Press, as a Business Analyst; with 225 websites and hundreds of active campaigns, the number crunching kept me busy for a while. Just after a year I became quite fascinated with the programmatic world and wanted to work for the buy side as seemed that is where the magic happens. And then I got headhunted by a recruiter who had already brought in almost half of the DataXu London employees!
What excites you the most about DataXu’s future?
In my opinion, we are the best in market and this is only the beginning of our journey. We have a great reputation for excellent client service and a long list of happy clients. Automation has been a big focus this year, which has opened many doors and allow us to scale our solutions and be able to accommodate even the most complex client requirements.
I truly believe in our product suite and that alone is enough to keep me motivated and driven.
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Excellence. I love DataXu because it’s made out of XuKeepers who are excellent at what they do and never settle for less.
Answer any/all of these:
- Most exciting aspect of Adtech – the whole industry trying to catch up with the changing consumer behaviours online. That will keep us on our toes for a while!
- What is your spirit animal? – Honey badger. They are known for their strength, ferocity and toughness and don’t take ‘’no’’ for an answer.
- If you could have coffee with anyone from the industry, who would it be? I’d want to have a chat with someone who makes a living from running bot traffic.
- Favorite industry buzz word – LUMAscape
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen – crumpets with Marmite, always makes my day!
- Fun fact – my colleagues call me ‘’Falcon’’ because that’s the meaning of my surname in Polish. I’m pretty sure I don’t have any Polish ancestors, though.
- Life advice – don’t worry about the things you can’t change or influence