Bringing Science to the Art of Marketing
DataXu was founded by MIT aeronautics and astronautics scientists who wrote the combinatorial language that guided NASA’s Mars mission plans. These scientists – joined by co-founders with extensive digital media and consumer electronics expertise – examined potential commercial applications that would benefit from a system that could make real-time decisions. They knew that a huge opportunity existed in marketing, being disrupted by the consumer digital lifestyle and big data, but still operating with manual solutions based on intuition, as well as an inefficient supply chain.
The founding team recruited the smartest people they knew to create DataXu as it is today – an open, neutral platform that enables marketers to use our ‘rocket science‘ in a simple UI to understand and engage consumers in a digital world. We are proud to have created the industry’s first and only real-time multi-variate decision system to bring science to the art of marketing. And our work has just begun!
The Programmatic Marketing Revolution
Now our vision is a reality at leading global brands. The DataXu platform enables our clients to manage and optimize marketing investments across all digital channels, realizing significant performance and cost benefits. We empower them to turn insights into action – helping them build strong brands and win in an ever more competitive marketplace.
DataXu sits at the heart of the all-digital world, putting more data to work in innovative new ways, bringing our innovations to new enterprises and market segments, and empowering customers to solve their most difficult business challenges. We are continually advancing our technology to meet emerging challenges for marketing professionals and business leaders alike.
We remain committed to true innovation and to transforming marketing in the digital world.
We have a long history of innovations developed in close collaboration with our customers to leverage the power of data science. These landmarks include:
- Introduced the first multi-channel Demand Side Platform to include display, mobile, video and Facebook Exchange with 80 percent of revenue coming from customers running multichannel.
- Developed the only real-time multivariate decision system that learns how consumers engage across channels and manages media investments for optimal return.
- Extended the DataXu platform to optimize media investments in real time based on consumer sentiment shift and beyond exchanges on guaranteed media investments.
- Launched a suite of integrated analytics for customer intelligence and media investment analysis.
- Founded the OpenRTB consortium whose standard for programmatic media was adopted by the IAB and is in use in more than 80 companies.