BOSTON, MA (June 22, 2010) – DataXu (www.dataxu.com), provider of the leading real-time bidding platform for online display advertisers, today announced its Audience Optimization offering. This new capability enables advertisers to reach custom audience segments, optimize campaign performance, and create advanced consumer insights. Unlike other demand side platforms (DSPs), DataXu discovers the best combinations of consumer, creative and context within audience segments and uses those learnings to extend campaign reach and drive performance.
With DataXu’s new Audience Optimization, advertisers can easily blend their own proprietary data with third party data to drive superior ad targeting, performance, and insight.
- Targeting – DataXu targets advertisers’ preferred audience segments across the Web, controlling reach and frequency. Beyond bulk audiences, with DataXu marketers can target specific geographies, content types, and other advanced targeting parameters like time of day and day of week.
- Performance – DataXu also uses the advertiser’s audience data to optimize campaign performance by:
- Discovering the most effective combinations of creative and context within the specific audience segment;
- Extending the audience reach using these learnings; and,
- Creating a campaign specific variable-pricing model to value impressions based on how closely they resemble the best performing combinations.
- Consumer Insight – DataXu provides audience insights to highlight unique characteristics of a brand’s audience and the most effective means for reaching them.
“Everyone knows that using audience data to guide media buying can increase the efficiency of ad spend and performance, but hyper-targeting audiences tends to undercut campaign reach and scale,” said Mike Baker, DataXu CEO. “With DataXu’s Audience Optimization, advertisers can not only optimize within the target audience segments, but also scale up the campaign.” (For more on Mike’s thoughts about audience optimization and DataXu’s new features see: www.dataxu.com/blog.)
To learn more about how DataXu can help you optimize your audience data, contact us at www.dataxu.com.contact.
DataXu, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, provides the leading real-time bidding platform for online display advertisers. This powerful technology improves digital campaign performance and delivers unique insights to advertisers. DataXu’s executive team unites leading executives in digital media with MIT technologists. The private company is backed by Atlas Venture, Flybridge Capital Partners and Menlo Ventures.