Breakthrough Video Demand-Side Platform (DSP) Delivers Reach of TV with the Performance and Measurability of Digital Media
BOSTON, MA (March 30, 2011)-DataXu (www.dataxu.com), the only cross-channel demand side platform (DSP), today announced the general availability of DX Video. DX Video enables advertisers and agencies to get superior campaign results by combining the sight, sound, and motion of online video with programmatic buying, optimization and advanced analytics.
For the first time, advertisers using DX Video can invest with confidence in online video, whether their goal is upper-funnel awareness or conversions. DX Video automatically optimizes results against the objectives dictated by the advertiser, including awareness, engagement, views, peer influence and sales. DX Video features DataXu’s Audience Discovery technology, which enables an advertiser to find the best performing audience, engage with the audience at scale across the Internet, and glean new insights into consumer behavior.
“Advertisers are cautious about making significant investments in online video due to the lack of compelling measurement and clear attribution,” said Mike Baker, CEO of DataXu. “Because DX Video maximizes performance against an advertiser’s marketing objectives, they can rest assured that their investment in online video is money well spent.”
DX Video brings the proven power of DataXu to online video, including:
- Real-time programmatic buying across exchange traded media
- Broad reach across quality inventory sources from a single point of control
- Real-time optimization that achieves campaign specific goals
- Unified measurement and reporting across all inventory sources, including end-to-end attribution metrics
- Advanced targeting, including geographic, content categories, audience segments and retargeting
- Audience Discovery that determines who, what, where, and when ad placements are likely to maximize results
- Full media transparency into ad formats and placements, ensuring brand safety and quality control
- Advanced consumer insights showing dynamic demand and consumer response
“Online video is a cornerstone of our theatrical campaigns,” said Dave Martin, SVP of Digital Media at Ignited. “We were an early user of DX Video for a Universal Pictures campaign, and were impressed by the scale of DataXu’s Audience Discovery, which delivered 2x the performance, at 15x the scale of some other traditional tactics we tested—including behavioral, demographic, and content targeting.”
DataXu, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, provides the leading real-time bidding platform for online display advertisers. This powerful technology improves digital campaign performance and delivers unique insights to advertisers. DataXu’s executive team unites leading executives in digital media with MIT technologists. The private company is backed by Atlas Venture, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Menlo Ventures. For more information visit www.dataxu.com or follow us on Twitter at @dataxu.