Mobile is a particularly effective channel for CPG marketers because modern consumers make many purchase decisions on-the-go. However, executing localized mobile campaigns has traditionally been a challenge due to broad technical limitations within mobile. One of DataXu’s longest-standing CPG customers approached DataXu to execute its first-ever mobile shopper campaign. DataXu was asked to:
- Advertise within five regions (some with low population densities) at scale.
- Implement test-and-control methodology to assess the impact of third-party data targeting in mobile.
- Ramp, execute, and complete campaign setup in just two weeks.
The DataXu Solution
DataXu leveraged its proprietary Audience Marketplace and tens of thousands of third-party segments to reach consumers on behalf of the CPG company who met the following criteria:
- Demographic: Females 25-54
- Behavioral: CPG Brand Intenders
- Geographic: Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Utah and Wisconsin
Compared to the CPG company’s baseline results, DataXu’s use of third-party data targeting increased consumer campaign engagement by more than 40%. The DataXu-run campaign delivered nearly 1 million impressions per day to the five selected regions over two weeks, proving that mobile campaigns are effective and also have the ability to scale.
More Case Studies