For more than 70 years, Columbia Sportswear has been a leader in outdoor apparel and footwear. The brand came to its agency BSSP with a number of objectives it wanted to achieve against its key target audience of Outdoor Enthusiasts and Shoppers:
- Deliver high-impact television experiences, with the opportunity to execute a unified audience-based TV campaign on both Connected and Addressable TV screens to reach as many households as possible.
- Deliver high-impact Connected TV experiences to improve the brand’s targeting, extend reach and control frequency beyond traditional buying tactics.
- Drive qualified online engagement through Linear TV in key markets within the state of Montana during a cross-promotional campaign with local retailers.
BSSP and dataxu® worked together to create a tailored solution to help Columbia meet its desired objectives for each of its three challenges. These solutions included:
- Leveraging OneView’s™ cross-device graph from dataxu.
- Executing local TV spots from the TouchPoint™ platform by dataxu.
- Using third-party data to precisely target the brand’s desired audience during TV content delivered to set-top-boxes as well as being streamed over Smart TVs and OTT devices.
- Measuring lift for Columbia’s online traffic and site engagement on product pages across desktop, mobile and devices.
Columbia was able to achieve impressive results and exceed its KPIs. For the brand’s Connected TV objective, the TouchPoint™-run campaign drove 1.36x lift in consumer activity on the brand’s homepage and 1.31x lift in consumer activity on specific product pages. Columbia was pleased to discover that Connected TV provided the same experience as traditional TV, with a 94% completion rate.
Interested in learning more? Download the case studies now:
More Case Studies