On Wednesday, March 2nd, DataXu was a proud sponsor of GABBCON NYC, the Global Audience Based Buying Conference.
GABBCON NYC, a one-day conference held at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, which attracted over 250 attendees, was the first of five such events to take place worldwide in 2016. Upcoming destinations include Chicago, Los Angeles, Rome and Cannes, France.
GABBCON’s mission is to provide education, consulting, standards and content on the topics of audience buying across all screens, including: addressable TV, advanced TV, digital out-of-home, radio, digital and premium video.
Post-NYC, Gabe Greenberg, CEO & Co-Founder of GABBCON Inc., stated, “We are pleased to have gathered some of the most insightful and talented executives [here at the Museum of Jewish Heritage] to deliver amazing content, conversation and collaboration.”
The day’s speaker lineup included a variety of industry experts. DataXu’s Co-Founder and SVP of Analytics & Innovation, Sandro Catanzaro, moderated a lively panel during the conference and was one of the task force members who worked to develop new Automated Linear Broadcast Cross Device Standard, or ABCDs, which were revealed live onstage during the conference.
Sandro moderated a panel titled, “Are Digital Dollars Really Shifting More Quickly To TV Or Is TV Being Planned And Executed Digitally?” Watch a segment of the panel on Walled Gardens below.
Other GABBCON NYC speakers included Scott Rosenberg, VP of Advertising at Roku; Doug Fleming, Head of Advanced TV at Hulu; Brian Katz, SVP of Audience & Purchaser Insights at TiVo Research, and Dave Morris, Chief Revenue Officer at CBS Interactive.
Many topics were discussed during this full day of panels, fireside chats and networking, including:
- Addressable creativity—from creative to concept with the modern consumer in programmatic TV
- Is TVE really as slow growing as people think?
- National branding versus addressable TV: finding the right balance
- Successfully leveraging audience data for TV and cross device campaigns in a data-agnostic world
- The art and science of audience buying
Key audience takeaways from GABBCON NYC and Sandro’s DataXu panel in particular included:
- Standard measurement is needed across the entire industry
- Marketers should measure success based on outcomes, not necessarily impressions
- Clients are reluctant to give up data, but sharing with partners is good for all
Read more about the brand-new standards, or “ABCDs” released live onstage during GABBCON NYC here.