Meet Tonya Montella, DataXu’s Learning and Development Specialist, based in the Boston office. Tonya’s been a Xukeeper for 4.5 years and has held two different roles during her time at DataXu.
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do? I build eLearning experiences which support internal and external development initiatives.
How did you land at DataXu? I have a BS in Communications, and originally came from a traditional advertising/marketing role. I moved into digital advertising 6 years ago via an ad agency, now here I am at DataXu! I joined DataXu as an Activation Manager on our Platform Solutions team where I helped to on-board clients. Just recently, I took on a new role within the People Strategy team as a Learning and Development Specialist.
Tonya and fellow XuKeeper Cortney Frank “twinning!”
What’s exciting you the most about DataXu’s future? The expansion of our omnichannel offering and growth in programmatic TV.
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is…. Trust! It’s foundational, and few things flourish without it. Customers have to trust us, we have to trust each other, then there’s trust in the product and in the industry – the list goes on and on.
Word Association Time!
- I say programmatic, you say….why wouldn’t you?
- Most exciting aspect of Adtech? It’s always evolving!
- What is your spirit animal? Lioness…I am a Leo, after all.
- If you could have coffee with anyone from the industry, who would it be? Mark Zuckerberg
- I say DataXu, you say…my second home
- Favorite industry buzz word? Transparency
- How do you relax? Listening to music, enjoying some sun, painting.
- Least favorite industry buzz word? Fraud
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen? Cliff bars
- Fun fact? My husband is a professional boxer, which keeps life pretty interesting for the both of us.
- Life advice… Try your best to live in the moment, cherish the joys in life, and always be kind.