It’s the last “A Day in the Life of a xukeeper” for 2015! This week, meet Snejana Shegheva in our Boston office. Read on to see the unique way this four year veteran on our Engineering team “hangs” at home!
Explain your role at dataxu. What do you do?
I am a Data Science Engineer recently transitioned from Software Engineer in Test. I am a pandas ninja (a python tool for data analysis) and not a day has passed where I haven’t manipulated, sliced or further dissected data.
How did you land at dataxu?
I graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Moldavia, however much of that time was spent on idiosyncratic and independent studies of Number Theory under the supervision of two professors. Currently, I am pursuing my Master’s degree at Georgia Tech with focus on Machine Learning and Cognitive Science.
Throughout my career, I have ventured into storage and networking, finance and natural language processing, and finally statistics and machine learning. The latter is what brought me the most satisfaction and what makes me come to work every day.
What’s excites you the most about dataxu’s future?
Not one thing in particular, but rather an opportunity to continue to learn and solve problems. Something akin to customer obsession — learning addiction.
dataxu’s core values are Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Excellence, because everything else will follow
Word Association Time!
- I say programmatic, you say….
- Most exciting aspect of Adtech…
- Contextual Retargeting
- I say dataxu, you say…
- How do you relax?
- Playing piano and solving number theory problems.
- Favorite snack in the dataxu kitchen…
- Welch’s fruit gummies
- Fun fact
- I am a level 2 Flying Trapeze hobbyist and I have a static trapeze bar and aerial fabric setup in my living room.
- Life advice…
- “You must reason from first principles rather than by analogy.” These are my favorite words by Elon Musk and I really believe this is critical advice if you want to make change.