Meet Kevin Mahoney, a bull? A fish? We aren’t sure. What we do know is that Kevin is a 2 year XuKeeper in the global Ad Operations team, based in Boston.
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do? The question should be, “what don’t I do?” As an Account Specialist on the Ad Operations team, I’m responsible for our client’s campaigns. From campaign set-up, to optimizations and final delivery, I ensure we’re working towards exceeding our client’s goals. I also get to work on ad hoc projects with our offshore partner, Theorem, and participate in beta tests. I’m lucky to be at a job where there aren’t enough hours in the day!
How did you land at DataXu ? I had some close friends working at DataXu who only had the best things to say about the company. An opportunity came up to join the Media Operations department and I jumped at the opportunity to interview. My background before DataXu was in public relations, but I’m so glad I transitioned over to Ad Tech.
Kevin enjoying lobster at the DataXu Summer Outing 2015 with fellow XuKeepers
What’s exciting you the most about DataXu’s future? We always talk about people, product, and process here at DataXu, and luckily, we have exciting changes on the horizon that impact all 3!
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is…. Collaboration. They say “it takes a village to raise a child,” and sometimes I feel the same way about running a campaign. Whether it be our Sales team, Product Managers, Marketing department, Optimization team, etc. we rely on all of our allies at DataXu to come together and find resolutions to drive the best results for our clients.
Kevin & team won “Best Group Costume” at the 2015 DataBoo Halloween Party
Word Association Time!
- What is your spirit animal ? A bull – I’m a Taurus, and boy am I ever a Taurus! Or some type of fish considering I love to swim!
- I say DataXu, you say… forward thinking
- Favorite industry buzz word: Turn-key
- Least favorite industry buzz word: Discrepancy
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen: Cape Cod chips!
- Fun fact: – I was the prom king at a school I didn’t go to. My date went to an all-girls school and won prom queen so I was the king by default. This is always my go-to ice breaker story!