Kicking off our series highlighting DataXu’s global Ad Operations team, meet Jamie Frishman, an Account Specialist located in our Detroit office!
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
I am part of an Ad Operations team that creates, manages and analyzes programmatic campaigns for Ford Motor Company, both nationally and regionally.
How did you land at DataXu?
I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in Interpersonal-Organizational Communications. Knowing I wanted to leave Florida and sweat stains behind, I began my out-of-state job search. My sister, who works in the digital field, suggested looking in the Metro Detroit area. DataXu was the first place I applied to, and is where I ended up. I got the call during my post-interview lunch and cried in public. It’s still embarrassing.
What’s exciting you the most about DataXu’s future?
The prospect of DX Detroit getting a Bevi machine (kidding…unless that can actually happen). I’m most excited to see where our platform and solutions are going. This is an ever-changing industry and I’m grateful to be part of the organization offering the best products to our clients.
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
The value that resonates most is collaboration. I came to this company fresh out of college with so much to learn. While I’d love to take all of the credit, I have to attribute much of my personal success within the organization to the fantastic team I am a part of. The Ford account can seem overwhelming, but is far more digestible when the right tools and team members are at your disposal.
Word Association Time!
- I say programmatic, you say: Why are there so many Excel sheets?
- What is your spirit animal? My pit-mix, Sawyer. He is an excellent sleeper, eater and cuddler. We also both have freckles. (see photo above)
- How do you relax? Binge watching Gilmore Girls and stalking cute animals on Instagram.
- Least favorite industry buzz word: Literally any new acronym.
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen: Beer! Half kidding. I am very proud of our chip selection, as I do our office ordering.
- Fun fact: I included the fact that I constructed and sewed a dinosaur costume on my resume, and am 93% sure it led to my interview.
- Life advice: Success is in the details.