Today, it’s a new A Day in the Life of a XuKeeper! Meet Gabriel des Vallieres, DataXu’s Head of Account Management, Sales in our Paris office. See what makes this long time XuKeeper tick!
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
I’m head of account management for our French office. I’m in charge of developing new businesses and keeping our clients loyal. My role is also to evangelize prospects and existing clients, in real time, in order to get them to mature in our space.
How did you land at DataXu?
I graduated with an MBA in e-business in 2009 in Paris. I first worked in the affiliate marketing industry where I was in charge of the display network. At that time in 2011, I knew that the future of the ad network was elsewhere. In early 2012 I started working at Mexad, which was acquired by DataXu in 2012 and rebranded in 2013.
What excites you the most about DataXu’s future?
We are at the beginning of a massive change where growth has just started…
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Innovation because every day we’re doing some new things we didn’t do the day before.
Word association time!
- I say programmatic, you say….
- The best word to lose someone that doesn’t know digital in a conversation.
- How do you relax?
- Doing Crossfit during lunch time and some triathlons during spring and summer.
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen:
- Dried Coconut
- Fun fact:
- During an IAB forum,I met a guy from Yahoo. After a couple of minutes, I asked him if he knew that Mr So-and-so was coming today. He replied, embarrassed, that he was the guy I was looking for. We both burst out laughing.
- Life advice:
- Mens Sana in corpore sano : healthy soul in a healthy body.