Today on the blog, meet Cynthia Clevenger! This Director of product marketing and industry solutions is based in our San Francisco office and has been with DataXu for a year in a half. Keep reading to find out who she employs as her four-legged assistant at the office!
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
Here at DataXu, I am in the fortunate position of working cross-functionally with many other DataXu teams. My primary responsibilities include developing internal and external tools and materials that help explain the many benefits of DataXu’s products and services.
How did you land at DataXu?
After graduating from college in 2004, I started working as an advertising professional in spot broadcast sales and my career has evolved with the industry ever since. I’ve spent much of my time on the agency side, honing my digital media buying skills and eventually joined the startup world in 2007. I love working on the marketing side of the house and appreciate the perspective that both sales and agency life has given me!
What excites you the most about DataXu’s future?
As more and more products and services in our space become commoditized, it’s refreshing and exciting to know that DataXu is always one step of the market. I love that as an organization we are focused on delivering services our customers need today while at the same time developing tools they will need for the future.
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Collaboration! I love being plugged into various departments within our organization and have had the opportunity to help develop creative ideas that come from multiple different perspectives.
Word Association Time!
- What is your spirit animal:
- French Bulldogs – my dog Chloe comes to work with me every day and she brings so much positive energy to the office!
- If you could have coffee with anyone from the industry, who would it be?
- Sheryl Sandberg – I drank the “lean in” Kool-Aid.
- I say DataXu, you say…
- How do you relax?
- I love to cook, travel, workout and spend time with my husband and frenchie, Chloe.
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen:
- Trail Mix.
- Life advice:
- Life is easily interrupted by things beyond our control – value the ability we all have to choose how you react.