Meet Alexa Harrison, Corporate Marketing Specialist, to-do list extraordinaire, and 2 year XuKeeper veteran based in our Boston office!
Explain your role at DataXu. What do you do?
I support the global marketing team in a wide variety of areas from managing the blog, running our social media pages, ordering swag for events, booking meetings with analysts, working on case studies and white papers, submitting for awards, and more. I also create and send our internal company newsletter, the WIRE!
How did you land at DataXu?
I studied English, Information Technology (IT), and Nonfiction Writing at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. While at UMass, I had several internships in publishing, marketing, and advertising. After graduating in May 2014, I began researching cool tech companies in Boston and became very interested in DataXu. I started at DX in July 2014 as an Ad Operations Associate, and after a year and a half, moved over to Corporate Marketing!
What’s exciting you the most about DataXu’s future?
I’ve greatly enjoyed working at DataXu, it’s an amazing company that places a strong emphasis on what matters most: people. Though, I feel like the best is yet to come and the next few years are going to be an exciting time to be a XuKeeper. Specifically, the work we’re doing with Programmatic TV is very interesting to me.
DataXu’s core values are: Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Trust and Customer Obsession… the value that resonates with you most is….
Excellence. I try to give everything I do 110% and I enjoy working with people who do the same!
Word Association Time!
- What is your spirit animal: I didn’t know how to answer this, so I just took an online quiz and it said I’m a Buffalo…I’m embarrassed to say it was eerily accurate.
- Favorite industry buzz word: “Branding” – Chuck D told me it wasn’t cool, but I’m a big believer in the importance of building a personal and professional brand.
- How do you relax? I make to-do lists, I’m crazy, I know.
- Favorite snack in the DataXu kitchen: Sweet & Salty Nuts…yum
- Fun fact: I was hired at DataXu on my 21st birthday, best present ever!
- Life advice: If you want something you’ve never had, you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.