Today we announced the addition of four new members to our advisory board. Each of these new members has a distinguished reputation in their respective disciplines – representing agencies, brands, publishers and data companies – and their collective insight will be a tremendous asset as we continue to expand our offerings across the digital media landscape.
Our new advisory board members are:
- Bernhard Glock – Former global head of media for Procter & Gamble
- Jon Bond – Co-founder of agency Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners
- Greg Stuart – Digital media entrepreneur, former IAB President & CEO
- Michael Darviche – Chief Marketing Officer at Acxiom
Learn more about our advisory board members by visiting our Advisory Board page and for more details from today’s announcement, see the full press release at https://www.dataxu.com/news/advisory_board.php.
Q&A: Mike Baker & Bernhard Glock
DataXu CEO Mike Baker had a chance to speak with one of our new advisory board members, Bernhard Glock, former President of the World Federation of Advertisers, about the evolving digital advertising landscape, his vision for the industry and his decision to join DataXu’s advisory board.
Below is a preview of a few of the questions.
1. [MB] You were the President of the World Federation of Advertisers for the past 4 years. What issues are keeping CMOs up at night?
[BG] CMOs of today are often struggling with ways to adapt to the evolving digital landscape. They want to generate big game-changing ideas in the digital space with integrated and consumer-relevant communication, and are simultaneously trying to preserve resources to increase their ROI.
2. [MB] Where are the big brand advertisers on their transition to “native digital” ways of doing business?
[BG] Many advertisers are still a ways away from becoming digital natives, but absolutely see the importance of embracing new technology opportunities. Many are in a test-and learn period where they experience and pilot different activities to see what sticks. Educating advertisers and encouraging engagement through strategic digital partnerships will be fundamental in growing advertisers’ digital competency.
3. [MB] What prompted you to join DataXu as an advisor?
[BG] DataXu’s mission is to improve the media world we live in – exactly where my passion is. Mike Baker and his team are driven in what they want to accomplish, and with such an innovative product, transformative vision and successful and strong management team, how can you say “no”?